If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Motorcycle Mama

Today was a noteworthy day. I took sweet Wifey for her very first ride on the Vulcan. I had waited for a long while until I was confident that I had my sea legs back and would not spill her off of the thing. I didn't care if I busted my ass, but her ass is too beautiful to damage. 
Things went well. I did a lap around Beech Bend Park at about 10mph, twisting and turning trying to decide how the handling of the bike was changed with her on the back. I am pleased to report that I basically could not tell she was there other than I could feel her holding on to me. We left the park and I took her around the block (17 miles through Parsons, Decaturville, and back). The Vulcan is smooth and comfortable, no vibration, no bumping, no shaking, and no surprises, and enough power to pull up a stump. I told her next time we did the movies in Jackson, we'd do it on the 2 wheeler. Yes, another great day at Lost Creek!
Check out my FLICKR page to see our biker pics from today.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a good time sweetie. Pictures turned out good. I was a little concerned about riding again, but wasn't scared at all

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete