If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

There's No Place Like Home

Last night sweet Wifey and I rang in the new year as the MORBID STRANGERS performed until after midnight. It was not the best of times for me as I've had one of the worst colds and episodes of post viral bronchitis I can remember. I had to dope up on cough meds during the gig just so I could breathe. Singing was a chore. It was hot on stage and the smoke in the room did not help.

I slept restlessly on the couch last night so as not to disturb my sweet ones.

When I finally woke up, my symptoms had calmed down and I was breathing easy and felt restful. Sweet Wifey fixed me a nice breakfast and I kicked back on the couch for a little football and some sweet puppy love. All is quiet and all is relaxed and even the Titans won by a single point.

I guess this might sound pretty dull but nothing beats relaxing in my QUIET little home on the hill with my sweeties. I can't think of a better way to start the new year.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could send you some of my chicken soup. It would cure you very fast and perk you up.

    Hoping you get better.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, no place like home with my sweeties. I don't think anyone would have known that you were so sick, your playing and singing were top notch as always. I was surprised you could get through a song, especially those Blues songs. You sounded great, but I knew you felt really lousy on the way home. I figured you had some bronchitis with all the wheezing you have been doing. Your girls missed you in bed, but I'm guessing you slept better on the couch by yourself. I could hear you some upstairs coughing during the night even doped up.

    Your girls sure do love you.

    Findalis: Homemade chicken soup sounds yummy.

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Findalis.

    As they say, sweet one, "the show must go on." I'm thankful no more gigs for a while. Got time to heal up.

    ReplyDelete