If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Good News! The Food Nazis are Here to Help You!

A Hoke County preschooler was fed chicken nuggets for lunch because a state worker felt that her homemade lunch did not have enough nutritional value, according to a report by the Carolina Journal.

The West Hoke Elementary School student was in her More at Four classroom when a state agent who was inspecting lunch boxes decided that her packed lunch — which consisted of a turkey and cheese sandwich, a banana, apple juice and potato chips — “did not meet U.S. Department of Agriculture guidelines,” the Journal reports.

Go HERE to read the rest. 

Now of course I have to ask. Who has the authority to go pilfering through my child's lunch? I thought a search warrant was required for such things.

Who has the authority to decide whether my child's lunch is nutritious or not? What the hell is wrong with a turkey and cheese sammich?

Who's damned business is it to decide what my child shall or shall not eat? Tell me.

I remember when I was in grade school I brought lunches to school, mainly because the stuff in the cafeteria was so horrible. So far I have made it to nearly 60 years of age with no help from Michele Obama and the food Nazis.

It is a good thing I do not have a child at Hoke County preschool. You'd probably be reading about my arrest on Drudge.

1 comment:

  1. Parents all over are calling in and speaking out about this same type treatment. They were afraid to speak out before, afraid the government would come after them or their children. A frightening state of affairs for the USA.

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete