If you have something to say, post a comment. I will not respond to anonymous commenters, so if you care to joust with the GROUCH, open yourself a FREE GMAIL account and get yourself an ID so I'll know who you are.

If you'd like to be a guest contributor, email me at:
ka4p1@hotmail.com
Opinions of the guests are not necessarily the opinion of the GROUCH!

Monday, May 14, 2012

Donald "Duck" Dunn is Dead at Age 70

I must sadly report that Donald "Duck" Dunn is dead at age 70. That might not mean much to most of you, but as a bass guitar player, he was one of the greats, an icon in fact. I guess he is best known as the bassist for the group, Booker T. and the MG's. Remember them? "Green Onions", "Hang'em High", "Hip Hug Her".......yeah, now you remember.

I like to think of Dunn as an influence of mine. I remember spending hours listening to his rifts and attempting to mimic his style. So sorry to see him go.

2 comments:

  1. Most people that are not musically inclined might remember him from his role in the "Blues Brothers" as their bass player.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great talent passes on.

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete