Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week, Mitt Romney and President Barack Obama square off against each other on their first of three debates. I have a feeling the audience will be a decent sized one.
Needless to say, no matter who wins, the Obama media will call it for the president and release new polls showing the president ‘won’. You can also expect skewed exit polls showing President Obama winning handily and early calls of states ala’ Florida in 2000 to occur in a final effort to suppress GOP turnout.
Many of these people refer to themselves as journalists when in fact,they’re just campaign operatives.Not a good place for a free society to be.
This week, Right Truth , Against All Enemies, and The Pirate’s Cove took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status with some great pieces they submitted.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category, and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Just like they did with color-blindness, “progressives” re-examining First Amendment
- The Noisy Room – Infiltration, Treason, Jihad Welcome to The Project
- The Political Commentator – “Main Street” pain belies Bernanke rhetoric!
- The Independent Sentinel – U.N. Ambassador John Bolton Addressing Upcoming Assault on the Second Amendment
- Joshuapundit-Obama Monopoly: Burn An American Embassy, Collect $450 Million!
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Suriya al Kubra’s WMD War
- Simply Jews – How did Bibi’s UN speech bomb so badly?
- Gay Patriot – Legacy media downplay (or downright ignore) Obamas September of Incompetence
- VA Right! - “The Onion” in Hostile Takeover Bid for PolitiFact!
- The Right Planet – Fundamental Transformation: Dhimmitude for America
- Bookworm Room – Radiolab, a Progressive public radio station, errs by showing its audience how the meat gets into the sausage.
- The Razor – An Obama Victory May Be Good for the War on Terror
- The Glittering Eye -I Think We Need to Define Our Terms
- The Mellow Jihadi – William Donohue and His Jar of Brown Play-Doh
- Rhymes With Right – A Theological Position I’ve Long Agreed With
- Right Truth – The (not so) Secret Militarization of Narco-Insurgencies in Latin America
- Against All Enemies – Appeasement And Betrayal
- The Pirate’s Cove – Biden: “The Middle Class Has Been Buried The Past 4 Years”
- Open Markets.Org – Fifty Years Later: Rachel Carson Is Still Wrong submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Sultan Knish –Muslim Violence is Our New Law submitted by The Noisy Room
- PJ Media -Ambassador Chris Stevens Is Dead; Al-Qaeda Is Alive submitted by The Political Commentator
- Doug Ross – The Most Brutal Jobs Graph of the Year submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- The Compass – Mitt Romney’s Mideast Vision submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Ace of Spades – The Normative Power of Law and the Emotional Power of Drama submitted by Joshuapundit
- The Sad Red Earth – Amnesty’s Arrogance submitted by Simply Jews
- PJ Lifestyle -Why Gore Vidal, Norman Mailer, and Truman Capote All Failed to Write the Great American Novel submitted by Gay Patriot
- Doug Ross – MEXICAN STREETS RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF CHILDREN: Holder Lies to Congress; Obama Covers Up; U.S. Media Ignores the Slaughter submitted by VA Right!
- American Thinker – Obama’s Biblical Rewrite submitted by The Right Planet
- Right Change -Absolutely Uncertain submitted by Bookworm Room
- Via Meadia –Thank God W Isn’t President Anymore submitted by The Razor
- Michael Yon – America’s Dumbest War, Ever submitted by The Glittering Eye
- The Blaze –Open Letter:Beck Responds To Criticism From Muse Band Leader Matthew Bellamy submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- FOX News – Interview: Dr. Henry Kissinger On The State of Foreign Policy submitted by The Watcher
- Hugh Hewitt – Introducing The New Polling Firm of Madoff, Marist, Quinnipiac and Ponzi submitted by The Watcher